Monday, September 15, 2008

Life is a Journey

I apologize for being extremely lazy and not posting much in the last couple of months. We have been very busy and as I said I am kind of lazy. (I blame that on the pregnancy) Over the last month or so we were finally able to make it home to Washington for a week before school started for Ryan. It was good to be home and see everyone and relax, but bad that we had a car situation that landed us having to buy a new car. Fortunately, after many prayers in our behalf, everything has worked out. This includes me getting a Job!! I knew right when I applied for the position, that it was mine! It is an office in Salem, UT and I work 3 days a week. It is a nice little office with one Dentist and two assistants. I love doing hygiene and it is going smoothly.
Luckily I got the job just in time for school to start for Ryan. He is already working so hard. He is taking 15 credit hours, working part time, and the assistant to the Bishop in our ward. Oh, and intramurals start this week too. Needless to say he is getting used to sleeping very little. At least I am somewhat busy compared to him with work, errands, and being the Relief Society President. Word of advice - do not stay in a ward for too long or you will have these kinds of callings!!!
We did enjoy watching the Football game on Saturday. We shut UCLA out!! We do wish we could have gone to the game, but after going to church yesterday and seeing everyone with a sunburn, I realized I would not have liked it too much because it was so hot out. So we cheered at home!!!

We also went to watch King Fu Panda. It was a pretty good movie and was funny, but my rear/back was hurting like the whole time, so needless so say I think going to the theatre to watch movies is out of the question until after the baby.
By the way, the ultrasound is scheduled for October 1st at Noon!!! It was going to be the 30th of September, but I will be working that day. Do not worry, we will call all of our family members personally about if it is a boy or a girl. Please take your turn, we will go as follows: our parents, grandparents, siblings from oldest to youngest, and we will post on the blog as soon as we can after the appointment. Remember it is Noon Mountain Standard Time!
Our life has been quite a journey lately. We are truly thankful for all of the support and love each and everyone of you give us. We know we have been helped in ways beyond our abilities. Our prayers have and will be answered always. We know we have been blessed. May God Bless each of you in your endeavors as well.

3 comments:

Youngberg Family said...

Congrats on the job! Glad to hear you're enjoying it. This is going to be such a good year for BYU football. We just added new channels so we can watch the games. We can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or a girl! What kind of car did you guys buy?

Brent and Tracie said...

I may have to call you at 5:30 am when we get up (7:30 am) just to spite you:)

Shelley Brown said...

Rach congrats on the job. Is it for Dr. Bonny? If so he is way cool!!!!