Monday, June 13, 2011

Views from Beautiful Alaska

We with we are about settled in. We've been here for just over a week. There are still a few boxes to unload, but it does feel like home. All the people here are nice and helpful. It has been pretty nice out I guess...for Juneau...meaning there hasn't been much rain so far. It's still a little cold though. I guess I better get used to that, but I haven't even really wanted ice cream. because I'm already a little cold. Oh well, I'll find something else.
Ryan's job is going well and he's staying plenty busy. He did have a little association get together the other night and they had fresh halibut. Yes, I tried it. I figure I better get used to that too. It was so tender and good, but I still couldn't eat much of it.
Trevor still loves playing baseball out side so I try to go out with him daily (weather permitting), or else he'll drive me crazy being inside all day.
Emily is still a little stuffed up so I try not to take her outside too much, but she is growing so fast and loves to smile!! She loves to talk too, and we are close to having her laugh. I'm trying to take advantage of the infant that she is and cuddle her, because it won't last much longer.
I am getting used to living in a new place, taking care of two kids by myself, and meeting new people. Overall, we love the duplex we live in and are glad we're here. Thanks again to everyone who helped us along the way! We love you!

1 comment:

Brent and Tracie said...

Man that sure is a beautiful place to live. It will be hard being further away but it will be a great adventure too. Enjoy living in a unique place. We will hopefully come see you guys sometime.