Friday, August 17, 2012
Vacation Happenings 2nd's
Even though we were on vacation Ryan and I decided to do a triathlon. My brother Blake even joined us too.
We trained for the previous two months and were excited to finally race. We had to swim 1/2 mile in the river, bike 20k (12 miles), and run 5k (3.2 miles). The hardest part was swimming for sure. I had prepared well, but in a pool. It was way harder to breath with the swells of the river and you couldn't see in it either. Ryan did fine of course...he's a champ!
The biking was the longest part, but it went by fast. THere was a little hill about half way through, but then you could go downhill after that. I loved passing a bunch of people on this one, but I knew I had to stay steady so I could have enough left for the running.
The run went very well. My calfs were tight for the first few minutes then they loosened up and I felt good. It felt good passing people and giving a little kick at the end for a good finish. Ryan finishes with a time of 1 hour 17 min. Two years ago he did one in Utah and beat that time by half an hour. I finishes in 1 hour 32 min. then Blake finished two minutes after me. He was hauling in the bike and run!!!
Thank you to everyone who came to cheer us on!!!!
It turned out well and I wouldn't mind doing one again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Way to go you guys!! I'm impressed!
Post a Comment